10 WEEKEND TIPS FOR the 15th and 16th of July
It’s W-E-E-K-E-N-D. We looked for the best things to do this weekend and listed them in our top 10.
1) This weekend you can experience Pampus Proef at Pampus Island! Did you hear about this island already? If not, go and check it out. You can travel there by ferry and expect a lot because they are going to turn the island into a festival place with local & sustainable products to try.
2) Always questioned whether you are a talented artist? You cam find out during the Rembrandt Art Festival which is being held this entire weekend at the Jodenbreestraat. Not only you can become an artist yourself, there are many other activities to do.
3) Amsterdam North is an area full of cool spots. During Over het IJ festival you can experienc what this area of the city has to offer.
4) Surinam Bara, Jamaican Jerk Chicken,Hindustan Roti: Kwaku Festival brings the Caribbean to the Netherlands. Music, food, drinks and all different nationalities come together at Kwaku.
5) Artis ZOOmermaanden. The weather is great and perfect for the Artis ZOOmermaanden. During June, July and August the zoo will be open till dawn. You can not only visit the zoo, but also enjoy performances of different artists.
5) Into Jazz Music? This weekend you can go to Jazz in the Hermitage with on Sunday the Sun-Mi Hong Trio. If you like a good view to come along with the music, you can also go to the On the Roof concerts in North. And as you might expect, these concerts take place on the roof.
6) Streets of the World is a super cool exhibition about streetphotography. Here the work of Jeroen is being showed who has been traveling to 195 countries in 7 years!
7) FREE CONCERTS at the Vondelpark Openluchttheater. Music, comedy, dance performances of upcoming talent and well known artists.
8) A food festival that once started in Rotterdam is now coming to Amsterdam. This weekend you can try food from different foodstands during TREK Amsterdam.
9) Fashion lovers behold: Mercedes Fashion week has started and you have the possibility to go there as well! You can buy tickets for the shows you would love to see. Get inspired for next years trends.
10) At the Museum Market you can shop many different items from all kinds of designers. Fashion, interior, jewelry: name it all and it will be there. Bring some food & drinks so you have a picnic in between shopping and your day will be complete.