10 WEEKEND TIPS FOR over Christmas Break
Last day of work before Christmas season commences and we smother ourselves with food, wine and hugs from our loved ones. We collected 10 tips you could do over your Christmas break:
- From December 21st until Jan 1st 2018 RAI Amsterdam hosts the first edition of De Amsterdamse Winterparade. Go skating on the 700 m2 skating ring, have hot waffles while you watch the giant Ferris wheel or do some last minute Christmas shopping on one of the many shopping stands. Don’t feel like walking around or skating? Sneak into the movie theater with Christmas movies showing or join the silent disco!
Reserve a spot at the 120 meter long table of Winterparade in the Zuiderkerk and enjoy a delicious meal while you’re being entertained by a various program of actors, dancers, entertainers and more. To burn all the calories you had during dinner join in on the silent disco to close of your evening. Book your tickets here
- Take the ferry to the Kromhouthal on NDSM and check out the Amsterdamsche Kerstmarkt. Explore the North side of Amsterdam by taking a visit to Hangar and relax to a movie at FC Hyena.
- Book a nightly stroll in the botanical gardens of Amsterdam. The Hortus Botanicus has extra long opening hours during the ‘Hortus by Light’ nights. Enjoy the ambience of the gardens, the winter terrace with campfire and gluhwein. Buy your tickets directly at the door for €5 and for a supplement of an additional €2,50 you can get a tour through the charming botanical gardens.
- Want to start Christmas extra early? The Maritime museum of Amsterdam organizes a pop up dinner in starlight, check it out right here!
- On the second day of Christmas make sure you take a trip to De Foodhallen for Band & Bites. From 18.30 – 21.30 you can enjoy delicious GT’s with a hint of Christmas while listening to golden oldies like Driving Home for Christmas.
- Up until December 31st you can enjoy a special holiday Afternoon Tea in The Duchess. Their signature Afternoon tea gets a special Christmas twist to it and the restaurant is transformed into a festive and cozy establishment where you can enjoy macarond, exclusive tea’s, red velvet cakes and a dazzling selection of champagne. Tea has never been so much fun! Make sure you place your reservation right here!
- We have mentioned this before, we even dedicated an entire blogpost to it, but we say it again: Amsterdam… Light… Festival… If you have not checked this out yet, go go go! Nothing screams romance like a stroll down the lit up canals of Amsterdam with a hint of culture. Check out all details right here.
- Let’s go iceskating at Museumplein! Until the 4th of February you can impress your loved one with you ice skating skills.
- Last but not least… remember to enjoy your meals, drink with caution and love until your friends and family cannot handle you anymore. Christmas is a time of giving and sharing, so put down your phone and start creating memories!